Friday, March 7, 2014

Wow. I had honestly forgotten about having started this blog. I'm so glad I found it again.

So much has happened in the last few months. We were all decided on staying in Clinton, in the house we were renting. Suddenly, we got a letter that told us that the rent was going up 3%. With what we were paying, it only added up to about $40. But...it was enough that we felt very strongly that it was time to move. It was a hard decision, one only made with a lot of prayer and fasting. (Well, we fasted once, maybe Jordan twice.) We loved our ward, we were starting to make good friends, and the house fit us nicely. But it was more than we liked paying for, and the utitlity bill was killing us.

We started to looking from Logan to Clinton for a new place. EVERYTHING in Weber and Davis county was over our budget, or in an area that I refused to put our kids in. So we started getting serious about looking in Logan. We found a place in Smithfield, a townhome that was brand new, incredibly nice, and I was sold! I saw it first, then took Jordan and the kids up to see it. I was sure it was the "one". But, as we left, my heart started feeling like it wasn't right. Jordan felt it too. I was on KSL classifieds every hour or so trying to see if any more rentals would come up. On a Thursday afternoon, one came up in Providence and I called on it immediately. It went to voicemail, but I left a msg. I soon got a call back - and it was from a lady I knew as the mom of girl I'd gone to school with. Cindy Dunkley was renting her house out. I told her we'd come see it the next day. We actually didn't make it until Saturday, but we instantly knew that it was where we were supposed to be. And she felt strongly, too, that it was for us.

We instantly started looking for a carpool for Jordan, getting the kids ready for the new school, and everything else that comes with moving. I sent the notice to the landlord that we would be moving in 30 days; he emailed back and asked why? He thought we were very happy there, and even had considered buying the home - all true. I told him that the raise in rent just put us over the edge of our budget and we needed to downsize. He came back with "What raise in rent? Your rent shouldn't be going up!" Apparently, there was a misunderstanding, or mistake. Either way, it wasn't supposed to have gone up. But since having found the house in Providence and signing on that, we just knew without any doubt that it was where we were supposed to be.

And every day we continue to feel that. We've been here 2 weeks now, and are loving it! The house is older - built in 1974 - so it's not half as nice as what we left in Clinton, and I really miss my shower and en suite. But, the yard is fully fenced and has a bball court, a swingset, sandbox, a firepit, and a great covered back patio with place for a hammock! It really is great, and we love it.

The best part is that the kids are thriving in school. School was so hard and awful for them, especially Braden, in Clinton. Here, they are doing so well, and loving it. They're making friends quickly, and learning a lot, and loving their teachers. One aweseome thing, for me, is that Braden has my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Hedin. :) Shelly has become a friend since marrying Jordan, as he grew up with them as neighbors and they are friends with Scott and Vickie. I knew she would take good care of my baby boy. :D And she is. He's gaining his confidence back, and remembering that he used to love learning, and school. I'm so grateful for all that has happened to get us here. We  miss our friends in Clinton, our ward was so great, but the new one is as well. And being home is so wonderful and strange. It's nice to be back with our family - the kids especially love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment